How Silver Dollar City and Aristotle Developed a Record-Breaking Marketing Campaign
Silver Dollar City, an 1880s-style theme park in Branson, Missouri, has been internationally awarded for excellence in theme, presentation and operations, including the worldwide Applause Award for excellence, the THEA Award (Themed Entertainment Assoc.) for theming, and the Golden Ticket award as the “Friendliest Park” in the entire theme park industry. In 2013, the park’s new wood coaster Outlaw Run won the Golden Ticket Award for ‘Best New Ride’ worldwide and the park was voted in the top ten Best Parks in the world. It is the original property of Herschend Family Entertainment, the nation’s largest family-owned theme park corporation.
- To Increase 2017 Season Pass Ticket Sales for Silver Dollar City
- To Generate a Greater Brand Awareness
Silver Dollar City set an objective to increase season pass ticket sales by 5% for 2017 after coming off a record-breaking year in 2015/2016 by increasing investment in digital channels from November 2016 through April 2017.
Aristotle conducted a highly successful digital media campaign for Silver Dollar City Season Pass sales, which yielded an amazing ROI of 52:1 (up 11% from the previous year). To achieve these results, Aristotle performed ongoing campaign optimization for Silver Dollar City while using engaging creative and messaging.
- Display/Remarketing: Google Display and Google Remarketing, Quantcast
- Social Advertising: Facebook
- Search: Google and Bing Search Networks
- Search strategy included: call-out extensions, location extensions, site-link extensions, call extensions
Aristotle generated a total of $4,038,430 in online ticket sales for Silver Dollar City from a $76,182 media buy budget. This represents an increase of $1,275,058 (41%) in online ticket sales from the previous year with a 46% increase in revenue. Successes (November 2016 – January, 2017)
- Online Revenue: $4,038,430; up $1,275,058 YoY, an increase of 46%
- Return on Investment: 52 to 1; up 5 to 1 YoY, an increase of 11%
- Ad Impressions: 15,391,929; up 746,904 YoY, an increase of 5%
- Ad Clicks: 98,228; down 154,436 YoY, a decrease of 61%
- Click-through-rate: 0.64%; down 1.09% YoY
- Average cost-per-click: $0.78; up $0.55 YoY
- Total Ticket Sale Transactions: 15,320; up 4,475 YoY, an increase of 41%
- eCPM: $4.95; up $1.00 YoY